Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Discount Deal
Growing with Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Discount Deal is extremely easy. These kits are completely maintenance-free thanks to a fully colonized substrate without fillers. You hardly have to do anything to get your first flush with high levels of psilocin. Follow the instructions below and you will be assured a high harvest of mushrooms!
Why choose a FreshMushroom Grow kit ?
- Fast growing: 1 week to first pins
- High yields: Up to 4 flushes. (with excellent conditions)
- High Potency: According the supplier the XP (Extra Potent) strains are twice as potent!
Contents of the Fresh Mushroom Discount 5 pack
- 5x XP Mushrooms Grow kits – Contains rye substrate with active mycelium
- 1x Growbag – The bag has filters across the bag.
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring micro organisms that can contaminate the Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, micro organisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Magic Mushroom grow kit, and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Instructions: Starting the Magic Mushroom grow kit
1. Take the magic mushroom grow kit, plastic bag and paperclip out of the box. Remove the lid of the mushroom grow kit (store the lid properly). Rinse the lid under running water. You will need it again later (step 7).
2.Place the mushroom grow kit without lid in the plastic grow bag (opening at the top). Slide the opening of the bag under the bottom with the micro perforation pointing upwards. The opening of the bag is now largely closed. You do not have to worry about air circulation.
3. When you see the first small mushrooms ( called pins), you can put the grow bag upright. Do not water! The first magic mushrooms will be visible after about 1 week.
4. Place the mushroom grow kit in an area with enough daylight and at a temperature between 18 °C and 28 °C. NEVER place the grow kit in direct sunlight. Although mushrooms will grow at almost any temperature above 15 °C, 23 °C is the ideal temperature for an optimal harvest. Special heat mats are available to ensure this temperature and not have to heat the entire room.
5. When the mushrooms are slightly bigger as the pins keep the bag a bit open the entire time so the moisture can evaporate (Phase 2). Too much moisture is not good.
After about a week, the first mushrooms will appear. Your first harvest will be approximately one week later. Make certain to harvest before the first spores fall!
Freshmushroom grow kits yield their first harvest relatively rapidly. After barely one week, the first buds are evident. Low and high temperatures may cause its growth to be slightly delayed. Stop spraying the inside of the bag as soon as the buds are visible. The mushrooms normally take one to two weeks to fully mature.
6.These kits can produce several mushroom harvests. To do so, fill the kit with clean tap water after the first harvest. This process is known as cold shock. It breathes new life into the mycelium and ensures that enough moisture is present for the mushrooms to grow.
7. Place the lid of the grow Kit back on the kit. Let the kit rest for 12 hours. Open a corner of the lid and drain the excess water. From here you can follow the instructions from step 1 again. This process can be repeated several times.
Growing with heatingmat (use only for this kit)
Place the plastic bag with the Grow Kit in it on the heat mat. Make sure ther is enough room for the airflow on all sides of the heating mat. Or use a thremosat to set a temperature.
- Switch the heat mat on.
- After two days switch the heat mat off and wait until the buds have developed, which usually takes between five and ten days.
- Switch the heat mat on again and open the top of the bag a little so the moisture can evaporate.
What to do if the buds haven’t developed after ten days. Take the cake out of the plastic box, put it back in the plastic box on its side and start again with two days with the heat mat.*
* Advise from FreshMushroom producer. We recommend not to touch the kit at all.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is advised to begin the cultivation process as soon as possible. If you want to start growing later, you can keep the magic mushroom grow kit in a Soaking Bag in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for up to 4 weeks following the manufacture date.
24°C is the optimal temperature. The temperature should not go below 18°C and should not rise above 29°C. Use a thermo mat to keep the temperature above 18°C. In the winter or colder places of the world, a thermo mat is a must-have.
The mycelium in the magic mushroom grow kit simply requires light to ‘understand’ that it has reached the surface. Only then will mushrooms sprout. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunshine per day is sufficient. Because direct sunlight destroys mycelium, keep the sun away from the grow kit.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 7 and 10 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms appear in clusters. This group can be tiny or large. That is determined by the strain. A flush is a type of growth like this. A kit can provide more than one flush. The first two flushes are the most significant. More flushes will follow, each one smaller than the last. A flush of mushrooms is almost never ripe all at once.
When the veil between the hat and the stem has just torn (or just before), the Magic Mushrooms are ripe. Don’t put it off any longer. Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists, and arms at all times. Let’s get started:
- Only pick the mushrooms that are ripe and let the others continue to grow.
- The mushrooms can easily be pulled out of the cake by holding them between thumb and index finger.
- Gently twist the mushroom,
- The mushrooms let go almost immediately
- Remove vermiculite from the stem
When you prepare a kit for a next flush also pick the smaller mushrooms and the pins as well. Read more about picking and harvesting your magic mushroom kits
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms thrive where there is enough light and little penetrating resistance. Because the sun shines on the sides of the cake, mushrooms may grow there as well.
This is difficult to dispute and is permissible. To keep the sides of the grow box dark, some gardeners cover them in aluminum foil, although this doesn’t always work. When mushrooms grow there, collect them immediately before soaking the kit:
- Take the grow box out of the bag and place it upside down on your other hand. Wiggle the plastic box so that the cake will fall out, onto your hand.
- The plastic box can be placed on a disinfectant surface.
- Now you have this hand free to pick the mushrooms from the sides of the cake.
- When all mushrooms are picked, you can place the cake back as it was, in the plastic box and continue to the soaking process.
After the second flush, if no additional mushrooms grow out of a grow kit for at least three weeks, or if the Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey, or yellow, the grow kit can be discarded.
The color shift indicates that the grow kit has been infected with another fungus or bacteria. The Psilocybe cubensis Magic mushroom grow kit will no longer produce mushrooms, and the grow kit should be discarded outside in the garbage.
If you select the mushrooms too late, they will drop their Magic Mushroom Spores. Because of the spores, the cake and mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains will turn red/brown).
This isn’t a big deal; it just doesn’t look very nice. When mushrooms release their spores, they begin to deteriorate and the active chemicals disintegrate. Mushrooms’ potency will be reduced.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts. This kit is meant for small-scale home use only.