Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Oregon
Years of planning and testing has resulted in the next generation of Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Oregon. The Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Oregon has become better than it ever was. Compared to the first generation of Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® PES Amazon Grow Kit, the next generation is improved with:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
Meet the new standard of easy grow kits
The Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® PES Amazon Magic Mushroom grow kit differs somewhat from other grow kits you may have used. This is only seen in the substrate recipe and is a well guarded secret. Even not with us!
You do not need to utilize any more spores, as with the previous and other quick grow kits. The spores evolved into mycelium inside the substrate (the cake) in the grow box during the laboratory process. Mycelium has colonized the substrate completely and is ready to grow mushrooms.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is recommended to start the cultivation process right away. If you decide to start growing later, you may store the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks. First, wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and close it well.
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x grow bag – The bag has a micron filter to keep contaminants out
- 1x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend using
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Psilocybe cubensis ‘PES Amazon’ Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, microorganisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Psilocybe cubensis ‘PES Amazon’ Magic Mushroom grow kit and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the process
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let it soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid and store it in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of grow bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Psilocybe cubensis ‘PES Amazon’ Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Psilocybe cubensis ‘PES Amazon’ Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziploc with lid.
Read, download or watch the instructions for the Mondo® PES Amazon magic mushroom grow kit.
24°C is the optimal temperature. The temperature should not go below 18°C and should not rise above 29°C. You can use a Thermo Heatingmat to keep the temperature from going below 18°C. In the winter or colder places of the world, a thermo mat is a must-have.
The Psilocybe cubensis Mondo® PES Amazon Magic Mushroom Grow Kit only need light to ‘understand’ that it has reached the surface. Only then will mushrooms sprout. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunshine per day is sufficient. Because direct sunlight destroys mycelium, keep the sun away from the grow kit.
Water / Misting
You begin misting the day after you begin the treatment. Remove the paperclip from the grow bag to open it. Spray once against each side of the bag rather than immediately on the cake. So you mist four times a day. Misting also allows fresh oxygen to enter the bag. Close the bag with the paperclip immediately after misting.
If the conditions are optimal, you can expect the first small mushrooms (the pins) to appear between 5 and 16 days. This also depends on the strain. Some cubensis strains grow slower than others.
The mushrooms come up in groups. This can be a small or large group. That depends on the strain. A growth like this is called a flush. Mushrooms are almost never ripe at the same time. You can get more than one flush out of a kit. The first two flushes are the largest. When more flushes come, they will be smaller than the previous one.
When the veil between the hat and the stem has barely torn, the mushrooms are ripe and ready to be plucked. Don’t put it off any longer. Put on surgical gloves or clean your hands, wrists, and arms.
Pick only the ripe mushrooms and leave the others to develop. Remove the mushrooms from the cake by grasping the base of each mushroom with your thumb and index finger.
Slowly rotate your hand clockwise until the mushroom lets go. Do not remove the mushrooms. This would endanger the mycelium and possibly kill it. Pick the tiny mushrooms and pins once you’ve picked the majority of the larger mushrooms.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms thrive where there is enough light and little penetrating resistance. Because the sun shines on the sides of the cake, mushrooms may grow there as well.
This is difficult to dispute and is permissible. To keep the sides of the grow box dark, some gardeners cover them in aluminum foil, although this doesn’t always work.
When mushrooms grow there, collect them immediately before soaking the kit:
Hands are clean! Remove the grow box from the bag and set it on your other hand, upside down. Wiggle the plastic box until the cake falls out and onto your hand. Place the plastic box on a disinfecting surface.
You can now pick the mushrooms off the sides of the cake with this hand. When all of the mushrooms have been selected, return the cake to the plastic box and continue the soaking process.
After you’ve harvested all of the mushrooms, you’ll need to prepare the kit for the next flush. Remove the grow box from the grow bag using disinfected hands or gloves. Fill the box halfway with clean, potable water. Remove the ziploc bag lid and use it to shut the grow box.
Place the unopened grow box in a soaking bag or wrap it in your own clean plastic shopping bag. Close it tightly and place it in the fridge (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours. This is known as the soaking process. Water will now be absorbed by the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
You can hang the grow bag with micronfilter upside down to dry while it is soaking. Hang it upside down to prevent bacteria from entering the bag. After each flush, many growers like to utilize new and unused grow bags. After 12 hours, remove the soaking bag containing the grow box from the refrigerator and unpack it.
To proceed, repeat steps 3 through 7 as you did when you originally started the process. A new flush will occur a few days later. A Psilocybe cubensis ‘PES Amazon’ Magic mushroom grow kit will yield at least two or three flushes. If you have cultivating experience, you can get more flushes out of a kit.
When no additional mushrooms grow out of a grow kit for at least three weeks following the second flush, or when the Psilocybe cubensis ‘PES Amazon’ Magic Mushroom grow kit turns green, red, grey, or yellow, the grow kit can be discarded.
The color shift indicates that the grow kit has been infected with another fungus or bacteria. The Psilocybe cubensis ‘PES Amazon’ Magic mushroom grow kit will no longer produce mushrooms, and the grow kit should be discarded outside.
When you pluck the mushrooms too late, they will drop their spores. Because of the spores, the cake and mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains will turn red/brown).
This isn’t a big deal; it just doesn’t look very nice. When mushrooms release their spores, they begin to deteriorate and the active chemicals disintegrate. Mushrooms’ potency will be reduced.