Magic Mushrooms Substrate Bag Rye Mix
You want a grow box that doesn’t contain Mycelium? The Magic Mushrooms Substrate bag Rye Mix has arrived! 1400cc of sterilized rye grain is contained in this spawn or substrate package. The Mushbag comprises a heat-treated substrate ideal for the creation of spawn from most edible and magical mushrooms.
The Mushroom substrate bag has an air filter and a rubber injection port that hermetically seals the bag after injection with a spore or mycelium syringe.
After the mycelium has colonized the rye, it can be used for a variety of growing methods. This grow kit does not include spores or liquid culture, but they can be acquired from our spore collection.
Contents of the Magic Mushrooms Substrate Bag Rye Mix
- Mushbag with 1400 grams: Sterilized substrate with a moisture content: 60-65%. A mixture of rye, vermiculite, perlite and Gypsum.
- Keep refrigerated. Do not store the Mushbag above a radiator or in the full sun.
- Use within 2 weeks
MushBag Rye Substrate Instructions
Before you start: Clean your work area
- Use soap to clean your hands an a disinfectant to clean your work area. Make sure your work area is clean and sterile, before you lay out all materuals and get strted with the process.
- Make sure there is no draft if you cultivate mushrooms.
- Wash your hands and arms every time before handling the mushroom substrate kit with hand disinfectant or antibacterial soap. As extra protection use disinfected gloves and a face mask.
Let’s get started by taking the first step: Infect the liquid culture. Liquid Culture is a nourishing solution that has been sterilized. This is typically a blend of water and different sugars.
When injected with mushroom spores, the mixture has the ability to develop mycelium development. You can skip this step and proceed to the “Inoculation of the Substrate kit” if you want to inject spores straight into the substrate bag using a spore syringe.
Prepare the Liquid Culture
For this step you need a liquid culture vial or make liquid culture yourself. And a mushrooms spores syringe or spore vail.
Wash your hands or use gloves !
- Shake the spore vial or syringe very good to make sure all spores are floating.
- Disinfect the injection site of the liquid culture and the spore vial or syringe with the alcohol swap.
- Inject 2,5 ml of spore solution in the Liquid culture of 10 ml or 5 ml of spore solution on 25ml
Colonizing the Liquid Culture
- Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 day
- Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 days
- Store the inoculated liquid culture in a place between 23-27 degrees Celsius.
When you notice a cloud floating in the suspension, the liquid culture is ready. Mycelium is what it’s called. Your liquid culture is complete; it is known as the Master Culture; if used and preserved properly, it can produce a large amount of mycelium from a small amount of spores.
Important! If the liquid is murky, it indicates that there has been contamination and the culture is no longer useful. If you are not using the liquid culture, keep it in the refrigerator.
Inoculation of the MushBag Rye Substrate
Lay out all the materials you need on a disinfected work space. You will need:
- Mushbag Rye substrate bag
- Mushroom spore syringe or Liquid Culture with germinated mushroom spores
- A lighter or spirit burner
- Alcohol preps
- Disinfectant Spray
Prepare your mushroom spore syringe with 10 ml of spore solution or use the prepared Liquid Culture (10 -25 ml). This is enough spores to inoculate the Mushbag Rye Mushroom substrate.
- Locate the injection port on the substrate bag. Disinfect it with an alcohol swab. Do not touch it again
- Shake the spore syringe very well for 5 till 10 seconds. This will get the spore of the sides and distribute them through the spore solution more evenly.
- Get the syringe and heat the needle, red hot, with a lighter to make it sterile. Let the needle cool off for a few seconds.
- Inject the needle of the syringe into the bag. Add all of the mushroom spore solution in the substrate kit. If the flow blocks ,gently pull the needle back a bit.
- Carefully squeeze and shake the bag to to spread the spore suspension through the substrate.
- Store the kit in a dark place with a temperature between 23-27 degrees
Colonization of the Mushbag Rye
Keep the MushBag Rye in a dark place with a temperature between 26 and 28 degrees Celsius to allow the mycelium to grow and colonize the substrate.
Please keep in mind that lower temperatures will either halt or extend the colonization of the substrate. Temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius will halt mycelium growth.
After 3-7 days, mycelium will begin to develop from the locations where the spores were dropped. Mycelium resembles cotton threads and becomes more stringy as it develops and colonizes the mushroom substrate.
The Mushbag may swell slightly during this step. Shaking the bag can help mycelium grow faster. Only do this if you detect mycelium growing in big areas of the bags. Break it up a little to spread it out and allow the mycelium to grow.
The mycelium takes 2-4 weeks to colonize the substrate in the box. There should be no vacant substrate places. Wait another 5-7 days to ensure that the spores have colonized the inside of the substrate as well.
Now that the mushroom substrate has been completely covered by the mycelium, the kit is ready to be fruited or used as spawn to inoculate more substrate.
Growing from the MushBag Rye
The simplest approach for harvesting mushrooms from mushbag rye is to open the bag on top. Make a vermiculite casing layer on top of the substrate surface. Close the bag with clothespins or paper clips after adding some wet. When the conditions are favorable, you can expect a large output of mushrooms within a few weeks.
|Grow Kit type||Without mycelium|
|Potency||n / a|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||24ºC|
|Yield (from)||100 grams|
|Yield (to)||1000 gram|
|Water Spray Needed||Yes|