Mushroom Substrate Kit Large for Mushroom Cultivation
Mushroom Substrate Kit Large | Sterile Substrate for mushroom cultivation. The mushroom sterilised substrate can be thought as soil for a plant. This Mushroom Substrate Kit Large for Mushroom Cultivation needs to be inoculated with our liquid cultures obtained from spores.
Mushroom Substrate Kit Large for Mushroom Cultivation contains
- Container with 1200 cc / ml sterile substrate mix
- Liquid Culture 10 ml
- Injection port
- Fruiting Bag with Filter
- Alcohol swap
Sterilised substrate with a moisture content: 60-65%. A mixture of whole oat, vermiculite, perlite and Gypsum.
Recommeded products to use
- Spore syringe
- Spore Vial
- Face mask
- Desinfectant handgel
Always store your substrate kit in a clean refrigerator ! We recommend to use the substrate kit as soon as possible. The kit can be kept under refrigerated conditions for up to 6 weeks.
How to use a Mushroom Substrate Kit : Instructions
Phase 1 – Prepare the Liquid Culture
Wash your hands and clean the working area! .
- Shake the spore vial or syringe very good to make sure all spores are floating.
- Disinfect the injection site of the liquid culture and the spore vial or syringe with the alcohol swap.
- Inject 2 ml of spore solution in the Liquid culture
For 10 days, firmly shake the infected liquid culture once a day. Keep the inoculated liquid culture at a temperature of 23-27 degrees Celsius. When you notice a cloud floating in the suspension, the liquid culture is ready.
Mycelium is what it’s called. Your liquid culture is complete; it is known as the Master Culture, and if used and preserved properly, it may produce a large amount of mycelium from a small amount of spores.
- If the liquid is murky, it means there is a contamination and the culture is unusable.
- If you don’t use the liquid culture for 10 days, store it in the refrigerator
Phase 2 – Inoculation
- Wash your hands and clean your working area
- Clean injection site of the sterilized substrate and liquid culture
- Retract 10ml (1200 CC kit) or 10 ml (2100 CC) from the liquid culture
- Inject spore suspension, through the injection site of the kit
- After inoculation turn and shake the box 360 degrees in all directions
- store the kit in a dark place with temperature between 23 °-27°C
Mycelium will form after inoculation. The sterilized substrate will eventually fill with a white fungus. Depending on the temperature, this could take up to 2-3 weeks.
Phase 3 – Fruiting and Spore collection
Please bear in mind that in your nation, fruiting mushrooms may be illegal. Before proceeding, always verify your local laws. When the substrate has been completely colonized, it is time to start growing the fruits so that you can harvest mushroom spores or mushroom tissue to continue your research or cultivation.
|Grow Kit type||Without mycelium|
|Potency||n / a|
|Optimum cultivation temperature||25ºC|
|Yield (from)||50 grams|
|Yield (to)||1000 gram|
|Water Spray Needed||Yes|